Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tuesdays are Tough

Tough with a capital T.

I love being a part-time working mom, but man, Tuesday's are not easy for me. I teach from 8-11:40 and then again from 4-4:50. Add in travel time and I'm gone for the better part of the day. When I am home, Gia's napping.

I noticed that bedtime is different on Tuesday nights. Usually we read a book, turn on Gia's Twilight Turtle and then I leave. About 3 minutes later Gia calls me back to fix her covers ("arms in, cover me with lovey AND blankie!") and then I don't hear from her again. She goes to sleep.

But, on Tuesdays my little boss says, "Mommy, LAY DOWN!"  So I do. I just lay there till her eyes get heavy and I can slip out.

Tonight I didn't even wait for the demand. I just stayed with her, without her even asking. I know that, in the blink of an eye, she's going to be too big and she's not going to want me to lay down and she's certainly not going to need me to. It made me sad to think about that time and I got all teary-eyed as I watched my baby fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!