Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Holiday Shopping...with kids

I absolutely love Christmastime. (Yup, Christmastime is, in fact, a word.)  I love baking, decorating the tree, putting up lights outside, and driving around to look at other people's lights. I also love starting our own family traditions with Gia. More on that later!

I also love to shop, but it's really difficult to do that with a  two year old. Gia will only sit in her stroller for about 30 minutes at a clip. That's barely enough time to stand in the long lines to pay. Add work and my husband's rotating schedule into the mix and that doesn't leave me with much time to shop. So, I do a lot of it online.

I've been a member of Amazon Prime for a few years now, and it's been a godsend. And, the other day a Facebook friend of mine posted about the site Ebates.  I'd heard of it before but never used it. My friend said that she was getting quite a bit of cash back for stuff she'd buy anyway, so I thought I'd try it.

I clicked her link (she gets a bonus because I signed up "under" her) and signed up in a jiffy. And then I started to shop. I made 3 qualifying purchases within an hour. And, I just got an email from them with my total; I'm on my way to making a decent amount in cash back. That check is going to be great come February, when we're still feeling the burn from the money we spent on Christmas.

So, check out Ebates. Click HERE, sign up, and then pass it on to your friends.

In February, let's all compare notes and see who got the most back!

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to do ebates but always end up forgetting until after I shopped!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!