Friday, January 18, 2013

Pinterest Test Kitchen: Pancake Bites

 
 
The other day I went on a pinning rampage and found a pin for pancake bites. It wasn't so much a recipe as it was a sentence. It said: Pancake Bites. Use your favorite pancake mix, pour into muffin tins, add fruit, nuts, sausage, bacon, chocolate chips, etc. Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes.
 
Even though I love to cook and I'm pretty good at it, I was still a little confused. Should I make the pancake batter according to the directions on the box? How full should I fill the muffin cups? How would I know when they were done?
 
So this morning I tested them & they were fabulous! They are SO easy to make (so much less of a pain than actual pancakes) and yet, they still taste exactly like pancakes. Gia had fun helping and she ate them up as soon as they were ready.
 
Here's what I did:
 
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Grease muffin tins.
3. Prepare pancake batter according to the box. (I did 1 cup of pancake mix and 3/4 cup of water. This made 7 pancake bites. Well, 6 and one 'reject' --aka a very small one that really shouldn't have been it's own.)


4. Immediately pour the batter into muffin tin. Fill about 3/4 of the way. (They don't rise as much as you'd think they do.)
 
5. Sprinkle on the toppings of your choice. 
Find a cute little helper if you can!




6. Bake for 13 minutes or until the top is just shy of golden brown. I pulled mine out after 12 minutes and they were good but one minue more would have been even better.

Serve warm!


And, keep an eye on your coffee, lest a little person comes along and hijacks it....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!