Saturday, February 16, 2013

Where is the love?

RIGHT HERE!
 
Yesterday was Valentine's day and it was such a fun day that I couldn't resist doing a whole post about it. Eventually I'll find time to upload and edit my 350 vacation photos and post them here, too. For now, check out the St Thomas Update post. I fixed the pictures so now you can actually see them.
 
Gia went to school yesterday morning. I made pink heart-shaped sugar cookies for her little school party. I have an awesome recipe with a secret ingredient that keeps the cookies super soft and makes them taste extra delicious.
 
(Want the recipe? Go to my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheQuinntessentialMommy like the page and then leave me a message and I'll send it to you.)
I spent an hour decorating them with icing and and M&Ms and forgot to take a picture. And then, on the way home, I put the Tupperware container of leftover cookies on the hood of my car and drove away with them up there. Oops.  I went back later that night and there was no sign of the container or the cookies. I gave up cookies for Lent, so perhaps this was God's way of keeping them out of my house? (Yes, giving up cookies is actually a sacrifice for me. I love love love cookies.)
 
I also sent little treat bags for Gia's classmates. I included the heart-shaped crayons, a few chocolate kisses (Gia's favorite) and some heart-shaped stickers. 
 
 
 
 
Gia and I wore our matching shirts all day, which she got a kick out of. She said, "Mommy, you're the same!"
 
 
At school Gia made Jon and me some Valentines.
They are the cutest things ever and I totally teared up just looking at them.
 
 
 
We went out for dinner -- to our favorite Mexican restaurant. We were serenaded by the guitar playing waiter, and Gia loved it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Then we came home and opened presents. 
 

 
 
We usually just do very small things, but this year Jon let me pick out a special present (or two) from the Gucci store in St. Thomas. The prices were amazing and there was no tax. I saved about 15%. I wasn't allowed to have the stuff till we got home though, so yesterday I was thrilled to get my hands on my new wallet and new iPad case--both GG Shiny Leather in Bordeaux. Gorgeous! I also got an awesome shirt from St Thomas--one that I'd been eyeing all week.
 
We got Gia a new cartridge for her Innotab, the movie Tangled and a Tangled cup. She had more fun ripping through the wrapping paper than she did with the actual gifts.  
 
 
 
 
 
I got Jon a Christmas ornament in St. Thomas (we collect them), headphones for the gym (normal ones bc he hates earbuds) and....
 
 
I made him a heart shaped collage.  And had it framed.
 
He loved it.
(I have an Etsy shop --with nothing in it right now-- and plan to sell personalized versions of these in the very near future. Make sure you've like the FB page for updates!) 
 
Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!