Friday, March 15, 2013

Calling all the LADIES!

It's no big secret that I love to read. It's truly one of my favorite things to do and is the main reason I decided to become an English teacher.  I wanted to (and still want to) inspire others to read.
 
 You also know how much I love blogging. Even though I'm still a newbie, this has been an awesome journey so far, and I have so much more to say, to write, to share.
 
A few weeks ago I wrote a post called I Poop Glitter. (The title is an homage to the title of one of my favorite posts on Kelle's blog.) In it I spoke of one of my favorite bloggers: Kelle Hampton. Kelle and I share the same philosophies about life and motherhood. Reading her blog makes my heart happy. 

So where am I going with all this?
Well, about a year ago Kelle became a bona fide author when her first book, Bloom was published. I wasn't a reader of Kelle's blog at that point so I missed out on pre-ordering her book and having the opportunity to Skype with her about the book. 
 
In April Bloom comes out in paperback & Kelle's doing it again. For anyone who pre-orders 8 copies of the paperback, Kelle will set up a time to Skype with you and your fellow readers. 
 
 To say I'm really excited about this would be an understatement. I was ready to order 8 books all for myself and just spend a half hour Skyping with Kelle alone. But then I thought about it. Why not tell all my friends about this? I'm sure so many of you will love her blog as much as I do--especially if you are a mom, or a mom-to-be. And maybe you'll also want to read the book with me, and then come over to my house for a girl's night and Skype session with Kelle.
And if not, I'll just go back to my original plan and just order 8 copies for myself!
 
 
So, take a look at Kelle's website and check our her book and let me know if you're interested in coming to the book club. (I have no idea when this will happen--but I'm guessing sometime in April or May.) You can email me or leave me a note on the Facebook page (make sure to "like" it while you're there!). Or, if you aren't close but still want a copy of the book, that works too! I'll be placing the order for 8 books (hopefully more!) on March 31st. 
 
UPDATE-- I clearly didn't read Kelle's website closely enough. The Skype session is only open to the first 40 people who order 8 or more copies. So I just placed an order for 8 copies of the book (on March 15). It looks like we are among the first 40, and Kelle will be Skyping with us!  If you'd like to join us and would like one of the books, please let me know. They were $13.59 each. No shipping charges.
 
(Yes I just spent $117 on 8 of the same book. I'm really hoping some of y'all come through here and want to join me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!