Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Bye Bye 1st Tri

Today I'm 14 weeks pregnant and I'm so happy to say goodbye to the 1st trimester. (Side note: I know I'll be having this little one by repeat c-section at 39 weeks, so I officially thought of myself as out of the 1st trimester last week, when I hit 13 weeks.)

I thought this would be a good time to do a little update about all things preggo-related.
 
How Far Along: 14 weeks!

Weight Gain:  4 lbs (At first I was thinking....yikes! Then I looked back at my baby journal from Gia and at 14 weeks I'd gained 3 lbs, so 4 isn't too bad!)

Maternity Clothes: Kinda. I definitely wear only maternity pants or this cute pair of yoga pants that I love that I bought in a size large. I can't stand anything tight around my stomach right now. Some of my pairs of underwear drive me nuts too. I know a lot of it's mental, but that's ok. Being uncomfortable is NO FUN!

Sleep: Can't get enough! I'm in bed around 10 every night, and I'm up with Gia around 6:30 or 7. I'd nap if I could, but since Gia doesn't nap anymore, there's no way I can.

Gender Prediction: No clue! One second I'm sure it's a boy and the next I just know it's a girl.

Feelings/Mood: Pretty emotional :) I cried at the new Johnson & Johnson commercial the other day. You know, the one where the newborns are telling their moms that the moms are doing a good job? Yeah that one gets me every single time.

Symptoms/Health: Much less nausea now. If I let myself get too hungry, I get nauseous. And, if I eat too big of a meal, I get nauseous. So, for now, I'm all about lots small meals and snacks throughout the day.

Food Cravings/Aversions: I still prefer savory foods to anything sweet. If I see something on tv or read about it, I tend to want it. Right now I'm dying for Pizza Hut, because I saw it on tv last night. But, when I was pregnant with Gia, we had PH one time and I overdid it and threw up from it. Too greasy for my preggo belly, I guess. That was the only time I threw up my entire pregnancy. So, this time, I'm kinda scared to eat it!

I'm sort of addicted to the Veggie Delight sandwich from Subway. Something about the soft bread and all the crunchy veggies totally does it for me. I espescially love the banana peppers and the jalapenos. YUM.

What I Miss: Sleeping on my stomach. I haven't been able to sleep on my stomach since a few weeks after I found out I was pregnant--it's just not comfortable anymore.

Movement: Haven't felt it yet. Hoping to soon!

Belly: small, but round.

Best Moment this week (pregnancy-related): Scheduling the anatomy scan & starting to plan our Father's Day BBQ/Gender Reveal party!

What I look forward to: Doctor's appointment tomorrow! Can't wait to hear that heartbeat again!


Please excuse the less than stellar photos I'm about to share...

No matter when, where or how I do these pictures, they are horrific. So I've kinda given in and now I'm just taking them more as keepsakes than as a gorgeous shot of my growing belly. That's what {professional} maternity pictures are for anyway.


14 weeks pregnant with Gia: starting to lose my waistline.
It's says Happy Birthday behind me, but I have no idea who that was for. Not me...this was taken in Jan. 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!