Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pregnancy Update

 
How Far Along: 22 Weeks! More than halfway done!


Didn't use my good camera--not the greatest picture!


Weight Gain:  13 lbs

Maternity Clothes: Absolutely. When it's super hot (like it's been) I love sundresses.

Sleep: Tough. I'm only comfortable on my sides and I'm already big enough that I wake up every time I roll over. (It doesn't help that Gia has been on a 6 am kick for a few weeks and Jon has been working crazy overtime...)

Gender: It's a BOY!!

Feelings/Mood: Feeling incredibly happy and blessed. I'm so excited to be having another baby and the fact that it's a boy is the icing on the cake.

Symptoms/Health: Overall, I'm doing great. Blood pressure is low, weight gain is normal, and baby boy moves like crazy.  But that's not to say there aren't a few minor aches and pains.  I'm starting to swell a little tiny bit (only I can really tell), it's tough to sit for long periods of time and I'm definitely getting Braxton Hicks contractions kinda often.

Food Cravings/Aversions: I'm still way more into real food than sweets. I won't turn down a cupcake, but I tend to crave savory, hearty foods.  And I still want whatever I see. If someone mentions a certain food, all of a sudden I want it. If people on tv are eating something, I want it.
What I Miss: Sleeping on my stomach, sushi, and an ice cold adult beverage (margarita...mojito...I'm not picky) on these hot summer days.
Movement: TONS! This little guy is so active, which I love. Jon can feel it through my belly and so can Gia, although she is totally freaked out by it. She felt it one time and now refuses to put her hand anywhere near my belly again. Last night he kicked so hard Jon yanked his hand away in surprise. You can see the movement from the outside now, too.

Belly: Low and totally out front! Similar to how I carried with Gia, but even more out front (if it's possible!)

Best Moment this week (pregnancy-related): Ordered & received the crib sheet & crib skirt. We're starting to pick nursery colors and decor, which is SO much fun.
What I look forward to: We have a family photo shoot in a few weeks that I'm really looking forward to. I'm happy that we'll have great pictures with this little one still in my belly.



This is a horrible picture, but it's me at 21 weeks pregnant with Gia. You can really see the difference between the shape of my belly as compared to this little boy!








 

1 comment:

  1. This is so amazing!!! There really is a difference between the two! So happy for you guys! Giovanni was actually happy to hear it was baby boy! He kept mentioning how my sister is having a baby girl! He also wants nothing to do with touching her belly!! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!