Thursday, September 26, 2013

Apple picking!

I absolutely love the fall. It's a close second to my summer, which is my favorite. The weather is great and there are so many fun fall family activities (say that 3 times fast!) that we do every year. I was a little worried that we wouldn't be able to go apple picking or pumpkin picking this year because I'm so pregnant. I thought I'd be too big and uncomfortbale to want to do anything. As it turns out, aside from some normal aches and pains, I actually feel better now than I did during the summer. 
 
So, rather than miss out on anything, we just made sure to do everything on the earlier side. (I really didn't want to go into labor in the middle of an apple orchard, ya know?) We went apple picking last week at Pennings. It was a gorgeous day and we had a ball. (This mama was exhausted to a whole new level after that day, but it was so worth it.)
 


I spent a lot of time waddling after Jon and Gia, snapping pictures.


 Gia loved to pick the apples right off the tree and chuck them in our bag.







She got a few rides on Daddy's shoulders so she could reach the high ones!


And of course there was quite of bit of testing the apples...





After we picked approximately 435 pounds of apples we headed to the petting zoo for a bit. Gia had fun with the animals and playing on all the little outside toys they have.




And then we came home and made a bazillion apple pies. Seriously. We made 2 the first day, 2 the next day for Jon to bring to work, 1 a few days later to bring to my mom and some mini apple pies for dinner at a friend's house we went to on Sunday. And we still have apples left over!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!