Wednesday, October 16, 2013

38 Weeks! {Pregnancy Update}

Yesterday marked the beginning of my 38th week of pregnancy! My c-section is less than a week away! OMG!
 
Yesterday I went for my 38 week check up. I go to an awesome group of doctors and as soon as we set the date for the c-section and I knew which doctor would be doing it, I started to just see her exclusively. (Usually they enocurage you to see everyone because you never know who will be on call when you deliver.) I saw Dr. Z 3 times last week (check out this post) so when I showed up to this appointment she waved and joked with the nurse not to stress me out before she took my blood pressure.
 
Turns out my blood pressure has gone down (yay!) but the bottom number is still higher than she'd like. Soooo, today I went in for a biophysical profile to check on the baby's heart rate, muscle tone, movement, breathing, and to check the levels of amniotic fluid. They want to make sure he's dealing with the high blood pressure ok in there.
 
I'm overjoyed because he's doing great! He was moving around like a champ and the ultrasound tech even commented on how active he is. (Seems like everyone notices how crazy he is in my belly!) My amniotic fluid is normal and so far, we think he'll be just fine in there until Tuesday. I go back to see Dr. Z on Friday and she'll have the final say in when he'll be here.
 
He was also not shy for the camera, at all. He was waving his little hand all around and turned to face us. I could see his little face so clearly. He looks a little like Gia, and I definitely saw that he has my forehead (poor kid).
 
The tech did mention that, partly because of the blood pressure issues, he's measuring medium sized. He's just under 7 lbs right now. She also said that if I didn't have a c-section scheduled, they'd likely take him early and not let me attempt a VBAC anyway. In her experience doing biophysical profiles, babies can only tolerate the high blood pressure for so long and then it's just better for both mom and baby to get them out.
 
So, till I hear otherwise...we're still on track for Tuesday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!