Saturday, October 5, 2013

Decorating for Fall

Over the summer I started writing for an online magazine called Daily Mom. It's an awesome website with amazing articles about everything mom-related (also also many thing just generally for women) from breastfeeding to recipes to makeup tips. 
 
It's been a great experience so far. I know I've mentioned how much I love blogging and this is kind of an extension of it. Any form of writing is really fulfilling for me, and I love that I get to research and write about topics that are important to me and I know are important to other women--moms or not.
 
You're probably wondering what this has to do with decorating for fall. Jon and I are still new-ish homeowners. We've been in our house for a little over a year and we're still knee-deep in projects. Last year we tackled the kitchen and totally renovated it. This year we focused on upstairs and outside. We completely reorganized our office and decorated Bobby's room. (Pictures to come, I promise!) 
 
We (ok, Jon) also did lots of landscaping work outside. We cleared out a huge part of our backyard that was previously blocked off by some random bushes. Out went the bushes and we opened up our already-big backyard. 
The swing set is in the "new" part of the backyard. Prior to Gia's party there was a row of random bushes totally hiding that part of the backyard, for no apparent reason.
 
And we also totally redid the bushes in the front of the house. 
 
So now that it's fall and the landscaping looks the way we want it to, Jon was very excited to decorate the front of the house. After countless trips to Christmas Tree Shoppe, Michael's, HomeGoods, and the local farm, we finally brought our fall vision to life!
 
And, I wrote a post over at Daily Mom all about how to decorate your house for fall! I'm super excited about it--because the front of our house looks awesome. Normally I'd post the pictures here for you, but, head over to here to see how it all turned out!
 
And while you're there, check out THIS POST. It was one of the most popular on the site when it went live.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!