Monday, October 21, 2013

On Being Pregnant

I'll be the first to admit that being pregnant isn't my most favorite thing in the world. I miss sleeping on my stomach, walking sans waddle, eating sushi and a bunch of other, small things that go out the window when you're pregnant. But, before I got pregnant with Bobby, I magically forgot that I'm not the greatest pregnant lady. I couldn't wait to do it all over again, and I just remembered all of the fun things about being pregnant.
 
I like the attention. I've been so lucky and people have been really kind both times I was pregnant. Sure, I've gotten a few "wow you're HUGE" comments, but they were few and far between. Mostly people hold doors for me and smile and take guesses about what I'm having. For the record, both times strangers thought I was carrying like it was a boy. As we know from the side-by-side pictures, this time I'm definitely more "boy" than last time. 
 
I love feeling the baby moving. Right now, I'm typing this on my last night of pregnancy and Bobby is going crazy in there, as he usually does at this time of night. He's big and his movements are abrupt and rough. My whole belly jumps around. And then he gets the hiccups and it's like my stomach is twitching. I'm really enjoying this last bout of gymnastics before I have an outside baby.
 
I love the dreaminess of wondering who this little person is. I can't wait to see his face and learn who has been in there all these months. I wonder who he'll look like. Will he look like Gia? How big will he be? Will he have dark hair? A lot or a little? Light eyes like his Daddy? Or dark like the rest of us?

And lastly, a little side note about Gia. I've been worrying about this day for a while. I knew I'd be a mess on the last day of her as my only child. And, last night, when I was putting her to bed I cried a little. She was so confused. She said, "Mommy, what's that water?"  I told her it was a tear, that I was crying just a little. She asked why and I told her I was crying because I loved her so much.  Her response: "Sometimes I cry because I love you so much." And then I cried A LOT because she's just so sweet.
 
Today she and I had a fun girls day together. We went to Old McDonald's for lunch (her choice...her name for it too) and we were there for an entire hour. That's how long it took her to eat 1 cheeseburger, 3 chicken nuggets, a small fry, a thing of apples and a juice box. (Not the healthiest lunch, but hey, you have to splurge once in a while.) And later we watched her favorite movie du jour -- Monsters Inc--before we sent her to my mom's house for 2 nights (which she was SO excited about. She loves sleeping over there.)
 
 
So that's it. It's my last night as a mommy of one and I'm so excitednervoushappyblessedloved. I'm bringing my laptop to the hospital and hope to blog about the birth very soon!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!