Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Busy

Life has been so hectic over here and I haven't had a chance to post at all. The main reason is that I've been swamped with writing for Daily Mom. We have bunch of awesome of Holiday Gift Guides and holiday related posts coming to you over the course of the next few weeks. I can't wait to share them with you all, because we have some awesome gift ideas to introduce to you.
 
In other news, our Thanksgiving was wonderful. Jon was off and we spent the morning just hanging out and watching the parade. I have so much to be thankful for and these two cuties are a huge part of that.
Thanksgiving Morning
 Gia and I baked an an awesome Chocolate Pecan Pie and then we went to have the best meal ever. My cousin hosted and it was a such fun and relaxing day. The food was excellent and being in the presence of family was even better.   
 
 

 
Then, on Black Friday, Gia got sick. She had a fever, a deep cough and was just generally feeling yucky. My very active three year old sat in one spot nearly all day and every once in a while she'd just moan sadly, "it hurts mommy".  Broke my heart. 
 
 

On Saturday Gia was feeling a little better, so we put up the tree, and Jon decorated the outside of our house. 
 
 
This is definitely the most wonderful time of the year, and I'll be back soon with some fun Christmas posts. 
 
For now I'll leave you with a funny story. Gia got sick on Friday and wasn't fever-free till Tuesday, so she didn't go to school on Tuesday. On Thursday she came home with a backpack full of her crafts. And this was among them:
 
 
 Yup. That's my kid. Not thankful for her Mommy or Daddy or brother-- or even her cat. Nope. She's thankful for all her chocolate candy! I'll be saving this piece of art for teasing her when she's older.
 
 
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!