Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Ovia {and Fitbit}



Near the very end of my pregnancy I was contacted by Ovuline, a website and app that was originally designed to help women get pregnant. They just launched a new app geared specifically toward staying healthy while pregnant and wanted me to try it out.
 
 
 
I only had the chance to use the app at the very end of my pregnancy, but it was an awesome resource. With places to record your mood, pregnancy symptoms, daily activity, hours slept, foods eaten and weight gain, you're always be on top of your nutrition and health while pregnant. And, the BEST part? If you have a Fitbit, you can link your Fitbit to the app and specific data will be reported to the Ovia app and then it's "translated" into what that means for you because you're pregnant!

I was also given a hot pink Fitbit Flex to try out, and I just hooked this bad boy up yesterday. I think I'm in love. It was easy to set up and I barely know it have it on, yet it's keeping track of my every move (literally).  I wish I'd had this for my pregnancy.  It takes all the guesswork out of eating well, moving your body and staying healthy.
 
 
If you're thinking of getting pregnant in the near future, or are pregnant now and want to be sure you're up on your nutrition, check out Ovia's website. You can test out a computer version of the app and get a feel for all that it can do. I promise you won't be disappointed.

And, if you're thinking about getting a Fitbit...do it. I love pedometers, so I love to log on a bajillion times a day to see how many steps I've taken. But, my most favorite part is the sleep tracker. Before you go to bed you set it to "sleep mode" and it tracks how long you sleep and how well you sleep. It even tells you how long it took you to fall asleep. Seriously, how cool is that!? It's making fitness and my health almost like a game  And I'll stick with anything that's fun :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!