Thursday, January 30, 2014

Peanut Butter Chocolate Crispy Brownies

A few weeks ago I went to a family gathering. Knowing that sweets are my thing, my cousin (who was the hostess) asked me to bring dessert.

There's nothing I love more than baking. Scouring of the internet and Pinterest boards commenced immediately. I have a board called "Desserts to Try" exactly for occasions like this--when cupcakes and cookies are too "easy".

I narrowed it down to 2 recipes I've been wanting to try and then I agonized for a few days about which one to choose. 

And I ended up going with:
But you already knew that because of the title of this post. 
 
They look really yummy right? Well, looks aren't everything. They are seriously the most delicious things I've ever tasted. And they are so so so addicting. I'm over here trying to lose the last of the baby weight and these things were just killing me. I couldn't be around them without eating every last one. Not surprisingly, that was the week I didn't lose any weight. Hmmm...
 

Anyway, here's the recipe. I dare you to NOT make them.
 

Peanut Butter Chocolate Crispy Brownies

Ingredients:

  • 1 batch of your favorite brownie recipe for a 9x13-inch pan (I used Ghirardelli brownies and just baked them in a 9x13 pan at 325 for about 30 minutes)
  • 10-12 Reese's peanut butter cups, chopped
  • 1½ cups milk chocolate chips
  • 1½ cups peanut butter (creamy or crunchy--your choice)
  • 1½ cups Rice Krispies cereal

Directions:

1. Make the brownies according to the package. When there are 5 minutes left on the baking time, remove from the oven and sprinkle the top with the chopped peanut butter cups. Return to the oven and bake for 5 additional minutes.


2.When the brownies are finished baking, take them out of the oven and gently spread out the peanut butter cups, which should now be melted.  Let this cool for a few minutes.

3. Then spread the peanut butter over the peanut butter cups. (Yes, peanut butter on top of peanut butter...)

4. Then, melt the chocolate chips. (I prefer to do this in the microwave.) Once melted, stir in the cereal and evenly coat.  Pour the chocolate crispy mixture over top. Spread to cover evenly. 

5. Refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting and serving. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

Recipe adapted from Brown Eyed Baker 

 Go ahead and pin them.  You know you want to!

2 comments:

  1. How could I not try something calling better than crack? Not because I want to try crack. I mean, I'm curious, yes, to see if it's really as addictive as, well, crackheads claim but...oh, damn. I've said too much. I'ma just make the brownies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! When I first read about these bad boys, I was like NO WAY can they be that good. But they are. Try them & let me know what you think!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!