Monday, February 3, 2014

Lucy's & No Bake Mini Cheesecakes


You know how much I love to cook and bake. And lately I haven't been doing either one much because I'm trying to lose the last of the baby weight. But, when I was given the opportunity to try Lucy's Cookies, I jumped at the chance. The cookies are all natural, non-GMO, gluten free and made without nuts, milk and eggs. And many of their ingredients are organic.  And...Lucy's are the most delicious cookies.




I tried Maple Bliss, Ginger Snap and Cinnamon Thin. All of the cookies are crunchy and pack a huge amount of flavor into the perfect little cookie. Each cookie is only 1 point on Weight Watchers Points Plus, and I found myself saving up 3 points each day so that, after the kids were asleep, I could sit and have some cookies and a cup of tea.




My favorite of the 3? Definitely the Maple Bliss. It's pretty unique -- I've never had a maple cookie before--and the flavor is perfection.  Not too subtle, not too strong, sweet and also a bit savory. It took all my willpower to not eat the entire box in one sitting. Clearly Gia loved them too.




And then I had the brilliant idea to do something even better with the cookies---bake with them! I've been really in the mood for cheesecake lately and I've been wanting to try a no bake recipe. So, I combined my new favorite cookie and this yummy recipe and came up with an awesome little cupcake-sized piece of cheesecake heaven.  

The best part of this recipe is that you can use low-fat cream cheese and fat free whipped topping for a lighter alternative, while still having awesome flavor.  (Don't use fat free cream cheese or the cheesecakes won't set at all.)


Maple Bliss No Bake Mini Cheesecakes

no bake mini  cheesecakes -- The QUINNtessential Mommy
Crust:
1 package of your favorite Lucy's cookies, ground to crumbs (about 3/4 cup of crumbs)
(I used Maple Bliss this time because they are my favorite, favorite, favorite ones.)
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar

Filling:
2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, softened
1 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup of frozen whipped topping (like Cool Whip)

1. Line 24 muffin tins with cupcake liners.

2. In a bowl, mix together crushed cookies with melted butter and the 3 tablespoons sugar.

3. Press crumb mixture into muffin tins.

4. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth

5. Fill each muffin tin to desired level. (I like a LOT of crust, so I didn't fill mine so full.) 

6. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish with whatever you like!



 
 
 **I was given Lucy's Cookies to test. The recipe for the cheesecake is adapted from All Recipes. All opinions are my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!