Thursday, December 20, 2012

Award Winning Pistachio Cookies

So, here are the cookies that won me the "Best Cookie" Award at my Christmas Cookie Swap 2 years ago.  Wait, that's not a real award, you say? Well, make these cookies and I promise you'll be singing a different tune. They are that good. I'm sure they'd win actual awards in a real contest, if I entered them. 
 
 Pistachio Cookies
 

2 1/4 c. unsifted all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. butter, well softened
1/4 c. granulated white sugar
3/4 c.  light brown sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. almond extract
1 (4 oz.) pkg. pistachio instant pudding (used dry)
2 eggs
2/3 cup chopped pistachios
6-7 drops green food coloring




1. Mix flour and baking soda in medium bowl. 

2. Combine butter, both sugars, both extracts and instant pudding powder in large mixing bowl. Beat until smooth. 

3. Beat in eggs, one at a time.

4. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Batter will be very stiff; mix well with floured hands. 

5. Cover bowl; If time, chill several hours or overnight for easier shaping. Form into smooth balls by teaspoonfuls. 

6. Place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not overbake. 

7. If desired, drizzle with confectioners' sugar icing mixed with a few drops green food coloring or melted chocolate.

So sorry for the delay in posting this recipe. It's been a rough few days here at our house. Last week Gia not only dipped her toothbrush in the toilet, she also licked the floor at my mom's house and then she licked a mirror when we were at Macy's. Of course she got a fever and a cold from it. And now I have it too, only 10 times worse. I have felt horrible for days. I didn't even make it to the cookie swap the other night. I didn't win with my Oreo Cheesecake Cookies ; the winner was a salted caramel thumbprint cookie that totally deserved the win. I'll get that recipe soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!